From:
Dan Olsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 08:34:37 -0400
Classification:
Prologue:
Epilogue: Dan Olsen
Client Services Representative
East Fishkill, NY / Building 504 1J-29
Ph: 8-532-5259 / (914) 892-5259
FAX: 8-532-7588 / (914 )892-7588
Mail: IBMUSM00(DOLSEN) or

It seems that we've been hearing a lot of argument about mileage in hockey
conferences.  Those of you who are complaining about a six hour trip being the
longest in the HEA, consider the North Country teams in the ECAC.  Clarkson's
shortest trip (except arch-rival SLU, which is almost like a home away from
home...a very nasty home), is approximately 2 hours to Burlington and even that
trip requires and additional 1 1/2 hours to get to Dartmouth the next night.
It takes 3 1/2 hours to get to RPI/Union or Colgate/Cornell.  The trip to
Princeton/Yale is huge, at least eight hours to PU and a long trip between
schools.  Harvard and Brown are a similar eight hour trip.  It's ironic that
one of our shortest trips of the year is to Lake Placid for the ECAC champio
nships (a mere 78 miles).  And BTW, if anyone has been to Potsdam or Canton in
the winter, you know that the trip is not the most fun in the world.