From:
Peter Kester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1991 14:49:41 -0500
Wednesday, 12/4
---------------
Colby College 4   Bowdoin College 1

The Colby College Mules scored 5 goals last night -- one of which was
credited to Bowdoin forward Chris Delaney -- defeating the Bowdoin
College Polar Bears 4-1 in Waterville, ME.  Bowdoin outshot the Mules
51-31 but couldn't get past the Colby netminder.  Two big defensive
errors on the Polar Bears resulted in 2 of the 4 Colby goals -- one of
which was a short handed goal.

Bowdoin drops to 1-2 in ECAC III East, 2-2 overall.  I haven't heard
whether Bowdoin will be playing in a holiday tournament.  The next
game I have scheduled for the Polar Bears is January 4th against last
year's div I NC$% runner-up Boston University.  Bowdoin's coach, Terry
Meagher, graduated from BU in 1971 (1972?) and played wing for the
hockey team.  The Jan 4 game will be played on Bowdoin's home ice in
Dayton Arena, Brunswick, ME at 7pm.

Women's hockey
--------------
This is from Bowdoin's 11/26 press release:

"Carol Thomas '93 (York, ME) and Helen Payne '92 (Princeton, NJ)
shouldered most of the scoring load over the weekend, as Bowdoin
defeated the University of New Brunswick (Canada) 6-4 on Nov 23 and
7-6 the following afternoon at Dayton Arena.  Thomas, last year's ECAC
Player-of-the-Year, had six goals and three assists in the two wins,
and tied her own school record with six points (four goals, two
assists) in the second contest.  Payne had five goals -- including
three in the opener -- and two assists during the two games.  Rebekah
Eubanks '93 (Flossmoor, IL) added [a] goal on Nov 24, her first
varsity tally.  Rookie goaltender Dagan Klein '95 (New York City) more
than held her own [in] her debut, making 79 saves in the two games.
Bowdoin will host Wesleyan on Dec 1."

Pete
                                     +-------+
Peter J. Kester                      |        \
INTERNET:   [log in to unmask]        |        /
BITNET:     pkester@mitre            | /
VOICE:      (703) 883-5623 [Work]    |+