From:
Todd Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 1991 01:37:05 -0500
I am as saddened and shocked that Coach Slater has suffered a stroke.
Best wishes and prayers go to his family and his speedy recovery.
I hope that his stroke was not too dibilitating.  His coaching style
is definitely one to be admired and I know the thoughts of people at
Colgate, alumni, and people around the ECAC are with him.

The Boston Globe reports (Tues. 12/6/91 p. 36):

Colgate Coach Terry Slater, who is in his 15th season ands turns 54 this
week, suffered a stoke Sunday night and was taken to Crouse Irving Memorial
Hospital in Syracuse, N.Y., where he is in the intensive care unit.

Brian Durocher, a goaltender on Boston University's 1978 NCAA championship
team and a former assistant at BU who has been Slater's assistant, has been
named interim head coach and is expected to serve in that capacity for the
remainder of the season.

I hope that the team does not get too discouraged by the temporary loss of
their coach and continues what Coach Slater started.  Durocher will, I'm sure,
continue Colgate's winning tradition. Good luck and Let's Go 'Gate!

Todd Cooper Colgate '85
+++++ Just leaving a boring signature. ++++++++++++++++++++++
Todd Cooper ([log in to unmask] uunet!merk.com!uvmark!todd)
Snail Mail: Vmark Software, 5 Strathmore Rd, Natick, MA 01760