From:
Nathan Boyle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 00:15:40 -0500
I can only hope we do get to Anaheim in '99.  Aside from having a lot of
friends and family out there, L.A. and the southern CA area is the second
biggest base of BGSU alumni in the U.S. outside of Ohio.  We have nearly
10,000 people out there, and the slight majority of them graduated in the
last 15 years.  They remember BG hockey.  If the Falcons could get there,
some of our most motivated alumni chapters would be waiting! BG draws
better on the west coast than any of it's Mid-American Conference
counterparts.  Although there weren't many at the BGSU-Western Mich. game
in Las Vegas last year, it also was not in our alums back yard out there.

It's always been hard for me to figure how it is so many of our alums
wind up in Florida and LA after they graduate.  My own mom went out west
after she got out of BG.  But why fight it!

Whatever the case, if Disney has anything at all to do with the event,
than you can count on a big crowd.  Disney could fill a football stadium
in the middle the artic circle.  Maybe they have another Mighty Ducks
movie coming out in '99?  If Disney markets this (if they have anything
to do with it, and if they don't they should) it could boost the sports
popularity in that area.  It could be the seed needed to get the game
into that area.

Wishful thinking I am sure, but who knows.

Nathan W.L. Boyle