From:
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russell Jaslow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 13:50:46 -0500
Terry wrote:

> In the last two editions of U.S. College Hockey magazine, their has been an
> advertisement? regarding a 10 card set of trading cards, which show the
> history of college hockey, its big name's etc, and I would like to get a set
> of them.  I collect cards, and these would be a real prize.
>
> Does anyone know how to get them?  The article stated that they are
available
> to any ACHA school, member, and college hockey fans will love them.  Well,
> they didn't explain how the average college hockey fan can get a pack.
> Please help, and thanks in advance.

I too saw this in US College Hockey Magazine and thought, wow, wouldn't
this be a great set to have.  Then, the very next day I get this envelope
in the mail from the ACHA.

In the envelope was a letter thanking me for filling out the survey on
the greatest players and teams in college hockey (the one that was discussed
here last month), as well as a set of these very same hockey cards!!!!!

I couldn't believe that lowly old me was given one of the only 1896 sets
that were printed.  And, I just happened to find the survey form at RIT
when I happen to go skating there one day.

And, no, I will not sell them.  (Well, actually I could use some money for
my racing budget this year, but it would have to be an awful lot to persuade
me...)

Russell Jaslow         |      Potsdam College Bears Hockey       |My employer
Eastman Kodak Company  |     **** 1996 SUNYAC Champions ****     |has nothing
Rochester, New York    |Publisher and Editor - SUNYAC Newsletter |to do with
[log in to unmask], 1986 NCAA D-III National BB Champs.|my drivel.