From:
Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 11:29:42 -0800
>----also I would like to appluad the WCHA officiating for the Final Five----
>-I've been very critical of the officiating this year, but they did a
>heck of a job for the Final Five......they let the teams decide the
>outcome.....wow, what a concept........hopefully this continues next
>year......MSC-did a great job also with the Final Five.......

I disagree, it seems as if they missed alot of calls.
These calls they missed were not no calls, but blown calls.  Like gophers
holding onto badgers ankles, pucks being blown dead even tho no one had
possession, slashing behind the play, etc.   My biggest complaint is how the
referees handled the players who were no longer in the play.  The let them
slash and kick and hold and punch, but no calls.
The WCHA needs to revamp its referees... many do not get the job done.  I
have seen better referees at the high school level.

Just my dime...
KEVIN AMES
Email: [log in to unmask]
Voice: (612) 767-1006