From:
Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin L Ames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 1996 10:55:48 -0800
> "If I were Minnesota, I would love to be the third seed out east," Colorado
> College coach Don Lucia said. "I'll tell you what, I'd almost rather trade
> 1-West for 3-East. Most of those (Eastern) teams are one line and maybe a
> good goaltender."

Maybe Don Lucia had a motive behind this quotation.  Everyone seems to think
that Minnesota will be headed to the east.  Thus not allowing Colorado
College a chance to knock out its biggest rival of the year.  So Don Lucia
fires off this statement, which he knows will be shown to every Eastern Team
headed into the tourn., with the thought that some Eastern team may get
angry.  Angry enough to knock off the Minnesota Gophers, the only western
team that seems to be headed to the Eastern Bracket of the tourn.

Just my 2 cents...

By the way, I had a direct feed of MSC's audio and that was the gophers
hockey team filing past using the profanity, not Frank or Tom of MSC.  Funny
how the players can use that type of language and the fans accpet it, but
put it on the air and watch the comments fly.  Shouldn't everyone associated
with a sport be treated by the same guidelines?  From players to announcers
to the goaljudge to the zamboni driver.

Just my nickels worth...

Go Gophers!  Ski-U-Mah!!!!
KEVIN AMES