From:
Jim Love <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 09:59:26 -0500
Greetings -

Just another boring Saturday night in college rinks 'round the country ....

Bob <[log in to unmask]> writes from Dartmouth:
>After an exciting game before a sellout crowd at Thompson Arena tonight,
>Dartmouth and Vermont emerged with a tie, 3-3.

  .... and the sellout crowd at Towse Rink in Durham was screaming too, as
UNH valiantly battled back from a 2-5 third period deficit to close within
4-5, only to ultimately fall short as Eric Nikulas' bid for the tying goal
clanged off the cross-bar with under 3 minutes to play.  As has been their
habit throughout most of the season, the 'Cats could not sustain a high
level of intensity for both Friday *AND* Saturday nights, splitting their
weekend series yet again ....

  Congratulations to the Umass-Lowell Riverhawks and coach (and ex-Wildcat)
Bruce Crowder for their stunning home/home sweep of the Terriers this
weekend !!!  The rest of the Hockey East season should be a good one, as
PC, UNH, and BC battle it out for the last remaining home-ice berth, and
then .... the upcoming HEA play-offs promise to be as exciting as one
could imagine ....

  Best of luck/success to YOUR favorite team ....

  Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim