From:
Norton Giles Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norton Giles Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 23:05:57 -0700
Re: Tardiff's eligibility.
I was working with the track team at this time and they had several
athletes that fell into almost the same position as Tardiff.  The track
Coaches were NOT told of the problem for some considerable period of time
after the AD knew; I am almost positive of this.  The word was that the
Ad's office were trying to sort it out.  I am sure that Walsh was in the
same position as the track coaches...in the dark.  I don't *know* this to
be true, but my first hand knowledge of the track situation leads me to
*believe* it to be true.  I seem to remember that a female runner even
lost her all conference cross-country award, but I'm not sure about this.
Giles.