From:
Peter Dankens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 1995 09:33:42 -0500
Regarding Tyler Cyr and Scott Lauder's comments on Tom Noble, I
agree that he has come up with some great saves this year.
He's playing better than anyone can expect of a sophomore
placed into the number one goalie slot of the defending
national champions.

He played PHENOMINALLY versus Lake State in last year's NCAA
quarterfinals (it was the quarters, wasn't it?).  Placed into
that situation at that age, I would have been huddled in the
fetal position on the bench with wet pants.

That said, I CRINGE every time he tries either to move the puck
himself or tie it up.  It seems he doesn't get beaten cleanly
with a hard shot very often, he loses it in trying to get a
whistle and someone pokes it in, or goes to stickhandle it or
catch it behind the net and loses it to an opposing player.  I
think that this is where Bill Berglund needs to put in the
additional time with Tom.  Of course, he's still got two and a
half years eligibility to work with him.  As I said, he's
probably the top sophomore goalie in the country (I'm not
trying to start anymore controversy or debates on this matter
on the list).  What do you guys and gals think?

Peter Dankens
BU '84

P.S.  Any truth to the rumor reported in last week's Boston
Globe that Jack Parker will bring in Steve Cedorchuk to replace
Blaise McDonald when he leaves in January.  I'd love to see
Cedor recruiting for the Terriers!!!