Date:
Mon, 11 Nov 1991 11:52:34 TZONE
Sorry:  Software problem kept me from posting on Sat or Sun

Superior            4    0    1         5
Stevens Point       1    2    3         6

Defending national champion UW-Stevens Point weathered a storm by
UW-Superior Friday night at home.  For the first 10 minutes Point played
poor defense, typically playing the puck instead of the man, giving
Superior an easy time of it.  By 10:31 of period one, we were down 4-0.
Balderotta called a time out and must have said the right thing, because
from then on we wen't back to good defense and shut the yellowjackets out
until 19:13 of period 3.  According to the paper the next day, Balderotta
was trying an experiment in checking scheme that went sour.

This was also a penalty marred game.  Point had a total of 14 minors and
one 10 minute misconduct, while Superior had 12.  The game began with Point
taking a high-sticking and a charging paired with a roughing by Superior
at 0:19.  The critical point of the game came at 7:59 in period 2 with
Superior up 4-3.  Point took an interference penalty on a delayed call.
At the end, we also got a roughing call to put us 2 men down for 2 minutes.
Despite the 5 on 3 advantage, Superior failed to get a single shot on goal!
This fired up both the team and the fans.

Goals:  (Accuracy not guaranteed)
1    Sup       5:12      Sather (Smith)
     Sup       6:03      Bailey (Nelson, Zahradka)
     Sup       7:33      Smith (Devito)
     Sup       10:31     Campbell (Laughlin, Lang)
     Point     13:19     Marshall (Caufield, Conrad) Power Play
2    Point     1:29      Cirone (Bouschor)
     Point     3:59      Strapon (Fletemeyer, Tretter) PP
3    Point     3:11      Krueger (Caufield, Kempffer)
     Point     4:11      Cirone (Kempffer)
     Point     14:47     Kempffer (Didn't hear)   PP
     Sup       19:13     Campell (Lang, Duell)

Tom Rowe                                [log in to unmask]
Never accept a drink from a urologist