From:
Tarkington McMains <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tarkington McMains <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 20:22:45 -0400
>    Now to me, there is no excuse for that. I lost a lot of respect for
>the fans of North Dakota.  I was curious as to whether or not this
>happens in the ECHA or in HL.  Those from CCHA and WCHA write too cause I

Cornell has a tradition of throwing newspaper onto the ice after the away
team lineup is announced, and many people try to hit the players with these.
Though you can't hurt them, and very rarely have I seen anyone hit.  In general
I'm against throwing things on the ice, but the Lynah staff picks it up quickly
and no time is wasted, or anyone hurt.  I remember talking to Harvard's
Sean McCann a few years back, and he complained about our fans throwing
pennies at the players.

Last year at football homecoming, the Princeton bench was put in front
of the Cornell student section, which gave the drunk fans a perfect target all
game long.  If the away bench in Lynah was ever put in front of section B, I
could see thing getting really bad, but as things are set up, it's impossible
to hit the coach with anything.

Tark McMains  Cornell '96
Sharkin' it up 1995 -- Let's Go Red!