From:
Ron Correia <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 17:47:41 -0400
My all time favorite memory has to be the 1981 ECAC semi-final between PC and
Clarkson.  Providence had a total of about 12 shots on net all night and
trailed 3-1 with a minute to go.  I was sitting in the balcony about Clarkson
goaltender Don Sylvestri, and we were merciless through that final minute.
 Providence pulled the goalie (Scott Fiske, if I remember right?) for the
extra man and scored two goals to tie the game.  PC then went on to win in
OT.  It was my first ECAC tourney in the Gahden and nothing I've seen since
has matched that game.  (Well, Maine-Michigan did, but that wasn't at the
Gahden <g>.)  The ECAC finals against Cornell were anti-climactic.  Nothing
could have compared to the excitement of that semi-final.

-- Ron