From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 16:08:24 GMT
I was having a little discussion with my broadcast partner Kurt yesterday
about Div I head coaching salaries, and we were wondering who makes
the most and other things related to this.

This came about after us noticing the trend that assistant and associate
coaches were leaving the college coaching ranks to go into private business,
especially in the Eastern conferences.  We speculated that the pay was
very minimal for assistants, and with the number of Div I head coaching
opportunities limited this was perhaps the reason why, but we never
really came out with a gauge as to what head coaches and assistants make.

Just trying to shed some light on this issue, especially with the rash of
defections to private business.

* Jayson Moy  RPI '89 '93  *  One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer      *
* [log in to unmask]             *  Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball    *
* The "Asian Invasion"     *  on Crystal Clear 91.5FM  WRPI, Troy *EASM*    *
*"I've come to know the cold, I think of it as home, when there ain't enuf  *
* of me to go around, I'd rather be left alone."   -  W.A.R.                *
*"When I find all of the reasons, maybe I'll find another way, find another *
* day, with all the changing seasons of my life, maybe I'll get it right    *
* next time."    -  W.A.R.                                                  *