From:
Charles Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 1991 14:15:07 -0700
My only reference point is the 2 ND/USAFA games this weekend.  I stand in
the corner just behind the curve in the boards.  My judgement was that despite
what mike said about 5 on 5 time that holding and interference were being
called a LOT closer than in the past.  I felt the penalties were excessive
for the style of play.  We had WCHA officials, but it wasn't the typical
Western Clutch and Hold Anytime game I've seen in the past.

My concern is the players haven't learned what the rules mean any more than
somebody from out of state hasn't learned what the speed limits on the highway
mean.  That will get better as time goes by.

charlie shub  [log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
  or even         (719) 593-3492