From:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 May 1995 13:23:26 +0059
I hope I'm not stirring up a hornet's nest here, but now that we have
heard about Holzinger's first contract, game, assist, and goal, can we
let him play in peace and not update HOCKEY-L every time he does
something?  And do we really need an update every time Garth Snow or
some other college player who has been out of school for 2 or 3 years is
called up from the minors?  I know that the list volume is down in the
off-season, and that many people don't get reports of player movements/
boxes in non-hockey regions, but when does the news stop being college-
hockey-related and fall strictly in the pro category?  Holzinger and
other college players who played this year I can live with, but Garth
Snow???  (And mind you, I really like Garth and admire him -- but there
are dozens of ex-college players in the minors trying to make it to the
show, and I don't want an update on each and every one.)

Is there anyone out there who maintains a current list of ex-college
players and where they are currently playing, whether the NHL, minors,
Europe, etc.?  I know I would be interested in downloading such a list
and reading it on occasion; the Boston Globe often has a list of ex-New
England players in the NHL/minors in their Sunday edition.
Rick McAdoo                                  [log in to unmask]
BC will return!                              GO EAGLES!