From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 1991 14:42:10 EST
Thanks to Mike and Robin for the info on last weekend's St. Lawrence and
Clarkson games.  Here's a few more Eastern scores I managed to dig up, with
the home team in caps where known:

Friday, October 25:
     ARMY 5, Queens (Canada) 3
     BINGHAMTON 5, New Haven 4
     Plattsburgh State 7, Canisius 5

Saturday, October 26:
     BOSTON UNIVERSITY 5, Rpi 1
     Cortland State 10, Villanova 2
     Northeastern 7, COLGATE 3

Hopefully, someone has the scores of Vermont's weekend games against
Providence and New Hampshire.

In the Northeastern-Colgate game (the season opener for both teams), the Red
Raiders outshot the Huskies by a 42-21 margin, but Sebastian Laplante's two
goals and one assist and Keith Cyr's goal and two assists helped North-
eastern to the win.  Cyr tipped a pass from Chris Foy between Colgate goal-
tender Ken Baker's legs to put Northeastern on the board just 21 seconds
into the game, and then Rob Kenny gave the Huskies a 2-0 lead less than two
minutes later.  Colgate's Clayton Fahey cut the lead to 2-1 with a wrap-
around shot, but the Huskies took command with three goals in the next nine
minutes, and Colgate never really threatened again.

Also, in the Coca Cola Celebrity Hockey Challenge held at Lynah Rink on
Saturday night, the All-Stars and the Cornell hockey alumni skated to an
11-11 tie.  I'll have more on this later, after I get back from Washington
DC...
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and probably '94