From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1991 22:40:04 GMT
The Duke of Earl reminds us:
>>             1.  The Cats are unbeaten in their last 28 games
>>                 (both a NMU and WCHA record)
>>             2.  The Cats haven't lost at home in 35 straight games

Actually, I think these are significant and worth watching.  I had forgotten
about them.  NMU is now 10 games from tying the modern NCAA unbeaten streak,
held by RPI (36-0-2 from Nov 17, 1984 to Nov 16, 1985).  I hope I remembered
it correctly; I was managing the Engineers for the final 3 games of that
streak!  (Yale broke it at the Whale after an opening 12-2 trouncing of
Toronto, a 4-3 OT win at St Lawrence, and a 1-1 tie at Clarkson.)

The all-time record is held by Dartmouth, 46 from 12/23/41 to 1/5/46.

I don't have any numbers on home unbeaten streaks.

Charlie writes:
> How many ties are there in these streaks?

Sorry I don't have the numbers here.  If no one (i.e. Duke) posts it by the
time I find out, I will post it.

> no, I'm not picking on duke, but isn't it a bit early in the season to start
> crowing.

I don't know, I guess they have the right to crow until someone takes that
championship away! :-)  But I just thought Duke was pointing out those streaks
since no one else here had done so...not a problem.

>         Even independent Air Force is Unbeaten and Untied so far this season.

A good point!  Good luck on keeping it that way...sorry Coach Schafer, good
luck to the Irish too. :-)

- mike