From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:18:37 -0500
Mike writes:

> I believe he mentioned that the WCHA seemed to be having problems
> booking the WCHA Final Five next season and that if they cannot find a
> rink in which to play it on the weekend immediately preceding the NC$$
> regionals, they will have to back it up a week and thus WCHA teams
> would have 2 weeks off (possibly 3!) before the NC$$ tourney.  Does
> anyone know more?  I think the Bradley Center is the scheduled site of
> the WCHA Final Five for 1996.

I asked Sara Rauguth at the UW Athletic Department about this (Sara
does "special events", especially hockey. She was the tournament
director for the west regional).

The Final Five will be moved back one week next year due to scheduling
conflicts at the Bradley Center. Sara said the coaches had a choice of
the Bradley Center or the St. Paul Civic Center one week later, and
voted for the Bradley Center.

        --david