From:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Buffa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 1995 14:23:52 -0700
One Hundred Minutes, end of 2nd OT, still tied at 3-3!!  Maine has about
54 shots on goal, Michigan a shade under. Allison made a fantastic save on
a breakaway midway thru the 2nd OT period. The periods are now 20 min long
and they do not change ends.  Maine outplayed Mich IMHO in the 2nd OT, I
missed regulation and have seen 40 min of scoreless OT hockey!  Plenty of
action, shots, saves, no penalties, no obvious ones to call, some
acting..... back to the game, hope it ends in time for dinner.  You guys
with the deuce are lucky to get the next one ... but it is going to have
to go aways to match this one.  This is the longest playoff game in
history, surpassing such fanastic games as the BG '84 win and the RPI semi
final 3OT win (ten minutes per OT back then) over Minn-Duluth in '85.
Does anyone recall the SI cover which, when unfolded revealed a shot of
the ice at the end of the BG-MDuluth game of '84?  Everyone was sprawled
out and you could not tell the winner, everyone was exhausted.  I see a
few tongues almost to the ice in the present game, I think the winner will
come on a breakdown due to exhaustion.  Back to the action!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64