From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 1991 11:52:21 EDT
I saw this on rec.sport.hockey, and I just HAD to forward it to the list...

     From: [log in to unmask] (Eric Rickin)

     A girl who goes to my High School asked me to find out if Jaromir Jagr
     has a love interest.  See, she went to the Sharks v. USA game in
     Cleveland, and she met Lane McDonald (she sat with him during the game)
     because she had tickets near the non-dressing players.  Anyway, she told
     me that Lane said that he was a free agent, so he asked her where she
     wanted to go to college.  She said she wanted to go to U. Penn, so Lane
     said that he'd play for the Flyers.  So, two questions:

     Even though Lane was being bad and leading her on, IS Lane MacDonald a
     free agent?  If so, who was he drafted by?  What is the deal with his
     contract?

     And, on alighter note, does Jagr have a love interest?  (Besides
     hockey)

Aha!  So, the truth comes out.  McDonald didn't try out for the US team
because he wanted to represent his country or because he was interested in
playing Olympic hockey again -- he did it because he wanted to meet women!
:-) :-)  (high school women, yet)
--
Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86 and probably '94

"Tips for Gals: 13 Common First-Date Warning Signs That a Guy Might Be a Jerk:
"6.  He wants to take you to a hockey game."
-- _Dave Barry's Guide to Marriage and/or Sex_