From:
Chris Craig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 23:00:13 -0500
[log in to unmask] writes:
>Speaking of goalie changes - is it me or was Dick Umile in anouther world
>Friday night?  Cavicchi was clearly shaky to me and I thought the switch
>to Heinke was done a goal or two too late.  (Although the way UNH's
>defense was playing, it may not have mattered).  And then going back to
>Cavicchi?  After two, the game was over IMO.  I would've like to have seen
>him stick with his senior (Heinke) to finish the season.

I think the real problem is that Umile has had no confidence in Heinke at
all.  Clearly Cavicchi was not sharp, although he didn't get any help at all
from his teammates.  But was Heinke any better?  Not in my opinion.  I
thought his goals were even weaker than Cavicchi's.

>I felt a little bad for Eric Flinton of UNH.  He played a whale of a game
>while alot of his teammates didn't show up.

Indeed.  I thought Mike Sullivan had a passable game, but the rest of them
were awful.  You have to think that this was a leadership problem -- partly
the coaches' fault, partly the captains' fault.  It's just hard to imagine
coming out that flat and seemingly uninterested for the biggest game of the
year.

Chris
Go Blue (in 95-96 :-( )