From:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Parter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 1995 18:46:54 -0600
> (3) Does anyone know who will be officiating the games in Providence?

Probably ECAC refs, since there are no ECAC teams in the finals. The NCAA only
sent HE officials to Madison, since there were no HE teams playing.

Question for those who know the details: ignoring money, could a WCHA crew have
officiated the Minnesota-CC game?

> (5) Has there ever been spilt crews in college hockey?

Do you mean one from one league, one from another?

> A perfect time to discuss as Final Four (Why do some say Phinal Phour?)

"Final Four" is trademarked by the NCAA for the exclusive use of the basketball
tournaments. Someone (I can't remember who -- was it Mike?) dubbed the hockey
finals the "Phinal Phour" a few years ago.

        --david