From:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick A McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 1995 20:45:45 +0001
I thought I would finally throw a few random thoughts into the torrent of
messages I've had to wade through the past 2 weeks:
1. Sieve is OK by me; profanity and "you s**k", etc, are not.
2. I wish all teams the best of luck, but I have to admit I'd like to see
the LSSU express derailed.  Having gone through the Albany All-Western
finals a few years ago, I am looking forward to an Eastern presence in
Providence.
3. A plea to all fellow Hockey-L'ers:  leave the referees out of it this
weekend.  I had to put up with 2 rather obnoxious and profane fans at the
Hockey East championship last weekend (Michigan grads, I regret to
report) who felt obligated to bless all of us with their drunken obscenities.
4. Finding the Centrum in Worcester once you are on I-290:  How can you
miss it?  The interstate takes you within 2 blocks of the arena, right in
downtown Worcester.  Signs are small but prevalent, parking is nearby and
not too expensive, but I don't know the impact of the first game starting
during the workday tomorrow.
5. Ah, yes, the Centrum.  The concourses get rather crowded in the center
seating sections; to find more room, head for the concourse areas at
the end sections.  Also, a word to the wise: the bathrooms are not the
greatest in the world, and more importantly, they are not all the same
size.  If you find a long line at the one in the middle of the building,
you might find better success at the end of the building.  In the case of
the mens' rooms, I know that one is 4 times the size of the other.
6. Is there a get-together of Hockey-L people at the Centrum?  I haven't
seen one listed, though several have asked.  I will probably not get a
chance to check my email again until Saturday, so I will list my seats in
case someone wants to wander by:  Section 124, Row FF, Seats 10-11.  If
someone does announce a meeting place, come by and let me know.
7. Though it is normally on Hockey-3, I suppose, would it be possible for
someone to post the Div. 2/3 playoff scores on Hockey-L this weekend?
8. Thanks to Luiz for his Providence tourism listing; very nice and very
helpful.  I agree with all the comments that have been made about the
Brown campus area; ivy and elegant, and close to downtown.
9. I am looking forward to seeing Denver's Wallinheimo, after all the
comments I have read.
10. I am also looking forward to meeting more Hockey-L people in
Providence at the dinner.  Perhaps we need to come up with ID badges so
our fellow H-L'ers can find us in the crowd?  How have people handled
this at past finals?  (Not all of us own one of Carol's HOCKEY-L shirts!)
11. I wish to also commend Providence and Coach Pooley for their valiant
run late in the season.  It gives hope to those of us whose teams are on
the down side at the moment that we can still rise up at playoff time.
(See RPI about this.)
12. I don't know who I want to win it all this year, the only thing I know
is that they won't be wearing red.  (NO RED! NO RED! NO RED!) :-)  Sorry,
I'm a veteran of too many Wisconsin/Cornell/BU/RPI/etc. games/years.
Rick McAdoo                                  [log in to unmask]
BC will return!                              GO EAGLES!