From:
Mark Jastorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 1995 08:52:52 -0500
On Fri, 17 Mar 1995, Anthony J. Frolik wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Mar 1995, Comstrike wrote:
>
> > though I have not heard much about the other conferences I would be
> > interested in knowing about teams in the other leagues that have made
> > simular late season spurts.
> >
> > Nathan W.L. Boyle
>
> Well, I don't know LSSU's numbers, but UMD went 12-4-2 in their last 18
> games, and then promptly lost in the first round of the playoffs.  But,
> my point really is that even if they would have got 3rd place in the WCHA
> playoffs, they wouldn't have gotten invited, even though their record in
> the last twenty would have been either 13-5-2 or 12-6-2. (That's
> considering either a 2 or 3 game series vs. Minnesota, winning the 4/5
> game, losing to CC, winning the third place game, which would be 4-1 or
> 4-2, depending on the Minnesota series.)
>
> Tony

Lake State is 13-1-1 with the loss at BGU and a tie vs Western down the
stretch and finally reached the 20 win plateau with the play-in win over
Miami Wednesday. The feeling here is that is it won't matter much unless
the Lakers can beat Michigan tomorrow.

Hard to say how much influence--if any--tradition plays.

Mark Jastorff
LSSU Lakers
NCAA Div. I Champions
1988   1992   1994