From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 1995 10:16:41 EST
About 15 or 20 games ago I looked at UMass-Lowell's dismal standings in the
RPICH (mid-twenties) and mentally counted them out from The Dance.  I consoled
myself with the thought that the mighty Lakers had similarly fallen out of
contention so at least the RiverHawks were in (formerly) powerful company.

Well, some things change and some things stay the same.  UML is still in the
mid-twenties in the RPICH and will need to beat both BU and Maine/Providence
to get a berth.  The anti-woof opportunities are abundant.

OTOH, the Lakers are now in striking distance, ranked 13th in the RPICH needing
only to leapfrog an inactive Northeastern plus one more team (since a second
ECAC team must go).  Additionally, they will be strong in categories like
record down the homestretch if they finish close enough to add in those factors.

Personally, I wouldn't bet against the Lakers making it to The Dance and having
almost as good a shot as anyone.  It really a'int over till it's over.

DaveH