From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1991 13:11:42 EDT
This is mostly in regards to lodging info.  The hotel the Knick
is recommending is the Desmond Americana.  I don't know if they
are running special prices for NCAA goers, but their normal
nightly rate averages about $100 a night.  The Albany area is choc-
full of all the major chains...most having more than one hotel in
the area.  The closest hotel to the Knick is the Hilton.  Most
of the others are out near the airport (the Desmond is out there
too).  The Wolf Road area is a good place to stay.  Lots of choices,
food, and shopping to entertain you between games.

If anyone has specific questions, you can e-mail me at
[log in to unmask]   I've lived in the area for almost 7 years,
so I could probably find an answer to the question.  Besides, I'm
sure this subject will pop up again as April approaches.

However, I do recommend getting tickets now if you know you wnat
to come.  Some of the local stations are reporting that RPI is
hosting the event.  One implied that they would be playing...but
he tends to be wrong a lot.  I don't know if that will affect
ticket sales...RPI has a large local following.

Beth Weise
Clarkson '88
RPI '90 & '93?