From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 1995 15:58:43 -0500
I didn't want to say anything, but some recent posts of spurred me to say
something.  Let me put an immediate disclaimer and say that this is purely
my opinion, and I do not represent anything but my own personal feelings.
This has nothing to do with hockey, it has to do with the content of some
recent messages on this list.

Quite honestly, I take offense to the posts talking about how their is too
much "Eastern" discussion, or whatever the context is.  I'll be honest, I
know more about Maine and Hockey East than any place else, so that is what I
am going to focus on, but much about what I write about is done for the
purpose of informing people who read this list. Maybe I am alone, but I do
like to take my own "time" and come up with things to discuss, and I'd like
to think that I've made some decently thoughtfull posts, and that I've
provided interesting information to those who care.  That is something I
chose to do, it is not my fault if someone from the WCHA, or any other
school doesn't chose to do the same thing.  Anyone can do it.  It's all in
the choice.  I'm sorry if some people find what I write boring (as it was
put), but in the same sense I'm not going to start limiting my posting on
college hockey simply because someone is bitter because there are more
"active" posters in the east than the west.  Maybe those who feel that there
is not enought WCHA representation, start representing them, and stop
condeming those who are posting about the team and sport that they love just
because they happen to reside in Hockey East or in the ECAC.

I'd be happy to discuss this in private with anyone who feels so inclined,
but I will not debate this in this forum as it really doesn't apply.  It
just strikes me badly, and I just wanted to speak up and get it off my
chest, so I don't hold anything against anyone in particular.  Personal
trait! <smile>

Deron  Treadwell - [log in to unmask]
The University of Maine (26-2-6)  GO BLUE!!
The "Magic" Point Total is 10 and counting!