Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 14:18:08 -0400
Sorry that I can't give you particulars about who did what during the Beanpot
broadcasts on ESPN2, but to me the productions seemed slick and professional
(still can't associate John Nabor with frozen water, but that's OK). Thought I
would have to miss the first round since I was in Columbus (OH) for a couple of
days, but walked on down to that venerable watering hole, The Varsity Club, and
bingo, there was NU-BU. Caught the final at home on the DSS dish. The
between-period features, camera work, and analysis did a service to college
hockey.

And speaking of a disservice to college hockey, though I've never been a Jerry
Welsh fan I've appreciated his struggle in the shadow of the Horseshoe and St.
John Arena. It's ironic that the movement is underway to finally develop a
first-class facility on campus and Welsh won't have the opportunity to enjoy
the advantages. Is this an unfortunate coincidence? I don't think so.

Bob Hall
BG '72