From:
Mark Czarnowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Czarnowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 1995 20:33:18 -0600
On Sun, 12 Feb 1995, Michael Burger wrote:

> >From the Seven Dwarfs Ice Arena:
>
> Michigan   1 3 0 0 - 4
> UIC        1 2 1 1 - 5
>

> The big problem in this game was the huge brawl afterwards.  No penalties
> given.  Rick Willis and a name that escapes me for UIC (starts with an M)
> should have received DQs.
>
> The management at Seven Bridges felt it necessary to pump in crowd noise
> on UIC goals.  Pretty sad.
>
> And finally, I thought I would let Michigan fans know that radio voice
> Les Grobstein referred to both Michigan fans and players as jerks.  Maybe
> he needs a mirror.
>

> Mike Burger
> Michigan '90, Colorado State '93

I would also like to let everyone know about the "ladies" in their 50's
and 60's giving UIC players and fans the finger and cursing after the OT
goal was scored.  You don't consider these people jerks?  And how about
the cheap chop to the head by Turco right before the OT goal?  Michigan
hadn't lost in something like 2 months, and I think overall maybe some
the of the Michigan fans are a bit spolied, having just a dominant team,
year after year.  You have to lose sometime.  The other 2 games UIC vs.
Michigan ended 5-4 in Michigan's favor, both games being close and one
going to OT.

So lay off Grobstein, and look at yourselves in the mirror.

-Mark Czarnowski