From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1991 14:37:48 GMT
I got the THN 1991-92 Yearbook yesterday, and it has a big stats section
that includes stats for all players in the four conferences; no independents,
unfortunately.  THN doesn't seem to know they exist, except for one article
I saw about them last year or the year before.  Anyway, the stats section
is as good as you're going to get in a (inter)national publication and of
course it also has all pro/junior stats as well.  Good previews of the NHL
teams with complete rosters (a little outdated with some of the recent moves,
but that's ok).  I just wanted to tell people to be on the lookout for it.
Cover price is $7.95, cover photo is (who else?) Mario.

In the college section, they don't do a preview since it's so early, but
there is an article on the cutbacks that have hit hockey with a particular
attack on the reduction in assistants.  The best comment was from Northern
Michigan coach Rick Comley, who said the four conferences have to forget
their past differences and band together on this and other issues or they
don't stand a chance of improving the situation this coming January.

The writer, Matt Carlson (sounds familiar; where is he from?) mentions *48*
DivI teams in two separate places in the article.  I assume this is just a
mistake?  Who could the other three possibly be?

- mike

41 days till first on-ice practice...