From:
Mark Grassl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1991 10:52:48 CDT
Thanks Carol for the WCHA history that you posted.  It's nice to
get a little perspective on the history of other teams.  I've been
a casual fan of hockey for the last 10-11 years and I never knew
til about 2 years ago how strong Denver and Mich. Tech were in the
60's and 70's.

On a more sobering note, some far-flung Badger fans (and fans in general)
may not have heard about Bob Johnson.  Last evening, Johnson was admitted
to a Pittsburgh hospital where he underwent surgery.  The problem was
described in the local news as a stroke.  Elsewhere it was described as
stoke-like symptoms caused by a past problem.  No word yet on how the
surgery fared.  Johnson coached at Wisconsin for many years.  He is now
head coach of the Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins and, also,
head coach of the US team in the upcoming Canada Cup.
Get well soon, Badger Bob.

Mark Grassl