From:
Beth Weise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1991 10:52:54 EDT
>On question:  Where is Clarkson?

Clarkson is in Potsdam, NY, a VERY small town on the northern border of
New York state.  It's about 180 miles Northwest of Albany (that's
driving through the Adirondacks).

Regarding the Capital District...hockey is big here, but so are a lot of
other things (i.e. Sienna Basketball, Union Football and now Hockey).
All I know of the training center is that it was built for the olympic
team and it has Olympic logos on the side of the building.  Other than
that, we don't hear anything about it.  As far as getting hockey news
through the local media (newspaper and TV), if it doesn't involve RPI
or one of the local teams, forget it.  I spend more time on the phone
with my brother (a student at SUNY Potsdam) about Clarkson hockey
because our paper rarely prints scores.  This is getting long...sorry
about that.  Basically, hockey is big here, but only if you know
where to look for something other than RPI or the Adirondack Red Wings.

Beth Weise
Clarkson '88
RPI '90 (and '93?)