Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 08:49:03 EST
JEFF WEISS <[log in to unmask]> writes:

 In the CCHA, a player is eligible for all-rookie team honors if he is in
his
first season of collegiate competition (originally came up when Michigan -
Dearborn dropped hockey and a few players entered the CCHA).

A couple of seasons ago a Western Michigan defenseman (Chris Belanger)
broke
his ankle in the second game of the season, but we still had him eligible
for
the Canstar/CCHA all-rookie team the following year.

Is it me or is this a bit confusing?  In the first paragraph Jeff wrote
that a player is a rookie is "his first season of collegiate competition".
 But in the next paragraph, he says that Chris Belanger was eligible for
the rookie team the year after he broke his ankle in the second game of
the season.  This would be his second year of collegiate competition so
how can this be?

    - Steve