From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 91 14:00:20 EDT
Guy meant to send this reply to the list, so I am forwarding it for him.

Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1991 11:22:03 EDT
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: More coaching changes?

About Coach Anderson leaving to BU.

First of all, we all know now that Parker is staying at BU. It would have been
great for us. I think Parker is a great coach. He is the perfect guy for that
kind of program (BU), which recruits the superstars. Parker has that hunger
that reflects badly on his players. BU is always talented. BU is nasty. BU is
in great physical condition all the time. BU is hungry for more. Everybody
thinks they won't be too good this season because of the lost of so many
great players. But, I tell you, I'm still gonna be scared of them (Fortunately,
Dave Tomlinson is gone... right Mike?). With Parker still at the commands, BU
is still a candidate for high achievements.

Now let's say Parker had gone to the Bruins.

Of course, I can't say it wouldn't happen, but I don't think coach Anderson
would leave Merrimack. I believe it's too late now. I went golfing with coach
last Friday (May 31st), and he commented that he thought Parker would go to
the Bruins. He really doesn't sound like a guy who wants to leave Merrimack.
Mike said it right, he is more of a guy who wants to bring a team from
average Division 2 to Division 1 National Champs (1993...right Mike).
He told us That the only way he would leave here would be in the case he's
offered something in the 6 digits. (Parker was making about $90,000 after
almost 20 years.)

Don't worry, Parker stays in hockey East, Anderson stays at Merrimack. What
I fantasize about would be a switch of both. What kind of scandals would THAT
make.

Anything to say about this speculation? Mike? Anyone else?

Guy Ragault
Merrimack '93
Warriors #23