From:
Sean Michael Hames <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 91 21:23:20 EDT
As for a transition period and the possibilty of increased
stick in the face injuries, the easy solution is to truly
enforce the high sticking rules.  This will increase the number
of high sticking penalties in the transition, but this should
limit the injuries and further down the road, move the college
game back to the way it was intended to be played.

I am totally in favor of this change and think it will help
college players integrate quicker in to the NHL.  Speaking as
a player, I hope that high sticking penalties are now called
much tighter at all levels.  Lastly, speaking as a player whose
jaw has been broken twice be 'errant' high sticks, this should
help to reduce some of the goonery that has been permitted.

later,
Sean