From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 May 91 14:43:37 EDT
Date: Thu, 23 May 91 08:53:28 EDT
From: Mike Zak <[log in to unmask]>
To: the college hockey discussion list
Subject: End of May Ramblings

A collection of miscellaneous thoughts:

About whether the play-offs should be single elimination or best-of-series:
    Look at the Stanley Cup this year: Minnesota has won every first game
    of their series, while Pittsburgh has lost every one (first game that
    is).  So, what does this say about which is more accurate?  You could
    make a case for both, but the cheaper one game series makes more sense
    for the student-atheletes.

About UNH's schedule:  Why is Clarkson playing @ UNH in November and St.
   Lawrence not until January?  I guess it really doesn't matter since
   both teams don't really travel together.  But I am glad to see Clarkson
   and SLU setting up two seasons worth of home-away games with Hockey
   East.  I wonder who Clarkson will be playing in place of Northeastern
   and Lowell.  The BU-BC series is continuing, but in November, not
   January this time.  Maybe I should go and find out the schedule.

Maybe Bill Parcells should go to Dartmouth, the fishing should be
   better in Hanover, freshwater atleast.  Maybe Dartmouth could pick up
   one of those baseball coaches that have been dropping like flies
   lately.  I know that a few of the hockey players also play on their
   college's baseball team, i.e. Marc Dupere at Colgate.  Seriously,
   they might be able to get a Prep school coach or one from Canadian
   Junior hockey.

Mike Zak
Clarkson '87, '90,...