Date:
Wed, 22 May 91 22:59:14 LCL
Hello hockey fans-
   Well, it seems that Ben Smith is indeed leaving Dartmouth to be the new
head coach at Northeastern. Although this may be the right move for Ben at
this time in his career, he leaves behind some very disappointed and some
angry players at Dartmouth (how can the 14 new recurits feel?). I wish Ben
well and hope that some of his spirit remains with the Dartmouth team in the
coming year.
   So... hockey sages... how does one go about filling a new head coaching job
at the end of May? Is anyone available? Is it right (ethical) to talk to other
head coaches to induce them to leave their current positions this late in the
year (as my grandfather always used to say - two wrongs don't make a right!)?
Would anyone want the Dartmouth head coaching job?
   On the bright side :), our next season is bound to be a significant
improvement over the previous one, no matter who is coaching. Two wins would
DOUBLE the number of games we win - not too many teams can boast a 100% (OR
MORE!!) improvement in one year.
                              - Bob Gross