From:
Bill Fenwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Apr 91 10:39:31 EDT
Scores from the World Hockey Championships at Finland (taken from _USA
Today_):

Friday, 4/19:

     At Turku:
          Finland 2, Czechoslovakia 0
          Soviet Union 3, Switzerland 1

     At Helsinki:
          Canada 4, United States 3
          Sweden 8, Germany 1

Saturday, 4/20:

     At Turku:
          Canada 3, Switzerland 0
          Soviet Union 7, Germany 3

     At Helsinki:
          Finland 4, Sweden 4 (tie)
          United States 4, Czechoslovakia 1

Standings:

Team              W    L    T    Pts.   GF    GA
Canada            2    0    0      4     7     3
Soviet Union      2    0    0      4    10     4
Finland           1    0    1      3     6     4
Sweden            1    0    1      3    12     5
United States     1    1    0      2     7     5
Czechoslovakia    0    2    0      0     1     6
Germany           0    2    0      0     4    15
Switzerland       0    2    0      0     1     6

Upcoming games:

Monday, 4/22:

     At Turku:
          Canada vs. Germany
          Czechoslovakia vs. Switzerland

     At Helsinki:
          Finland vs. Soviet Union
          Sweden vs. United States

Tuesday, 4/23:

     At Turku:
          Germany vs. Czechoslovakia
          Sweden vs. Switzerland

     At Helsinki:
          Finland vs. Canada
          United States vs. Soviet Union

Ah, yes... and Mike writes:
>    Here's a thought: what if NCAA teams could trade players?
>    [...]
>                                                     What opposing players
>    would you love to have on your team and what's a reasonable package
>    you'd put together to get them?

I can see the next logical step already -- the College Hockey Rotisserie
League!  (except that might be illegal)  Or maybe something resembling the
Usenet Hockey Draft of pro players that's done on rec.sport.hockey.  Just a
thought...

And while we're on the subject of Things to Do in the Off-Season -- I seem
to recall that someone posted something on this list a while ago about a
listserver for college lacrosse.  I think it was out of Villanova?  Anyway,
could whoever has the information on this please send me some through E-
mail? ([log in to unmask])  Thanx.

It snowed here this morning... feels like the hockey season should be
starting any minute now...

Bill Fenwick
Cornell '86
LET'S GO RED!!

"If you are what you eat, I'm dead meat..."
-- Timbuk 3, "Grand Old Party"