Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 91 10:49:26 EST
    I just wanted to elaborate on the stories about Coach Walsh at Maine.
My name is Brian Straub.  I have played at Maine for the last 2 years.
I have been here 3 years.  The first year I had to sit out.   This past
year was my last year of eligibility.
    Coach Walsh did press the issue about the logo.  We lost the game
and Walsh as well as me know that it wasn't because of the logo.  I
think there are several reasons that Walsh did this.  The University of
Maine was sent a memo from the league as were all other Hockey East teams.
Our equipment manager Steve Jones had to work laboriously to get all the
logos off of our equipment so that we could play that game at B.C. that
weekend.  Coach Walsh got the memo from the league and for the benefit
of his players and his team he followed the rule.  Since our equipment
manager went through all the trouble of getting rid of  the logos,
(He spent hours and hours doing the job) then why shouldn't B.C. have
to follow the rules and do the same thing.  It upset Walsh knowing that
our epuipment Manager did the job and B.C. just blew it off.  So I think
B.C. should of followed the rule just like everyone else.  I am not saying
that this is the only reason that he pushed the issue.  Because it would
of helped us tremendously if we would of got the win in that game.
Anyway we didn't get the win.  (By the way that was a great game, it's
to bad we lost , we lost by one goal.)
    It's taken me a while to get this written because of all the catching
up I've been trying to do with school work after the playoffs and final
four.  I wanted to talk about the goalie pads incedent and the stick
checking to but don't have time right now.  I will probably write
something about that soon.
                                   Brian Straub  #23