From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 91 22:09:00 CDT
Fred Flintstone writes:

> The Golden Knight, the mascot for Clarkson U. decided not to skate between
> periods because during his show after warm-ups, the officials at the Civic
> Center told him not to run into the glass and to not hit the glass with the
> hockey stick he carries with him. These two things are big parts of his "act"
> and it gets our fans up and excited when he rams the glass at full speed. I
> don't know what the officials' problems were, but it was not appreciated.

I can't figure that one out.  Certainly during the course of any hockey game,
players hit the boards and glass much harder than Clarkson's mascot.  In fact,
in the 1970's the Civic Center was the home of the Minnesota Fighting Saints
of the WHA, where major collisions with the glass were a regular occurrence.
I think that the Civic Center staff over-reacted.

Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1991 WCHA & NCAA Championships         --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM