From:
Fred Flintstone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 91 13:48:41 EDT
The Golden Knight, the mascot for Clarkson U. decided not to skate between
periods because during his show after warm-ups, the officials at the Civic
Center told him not to run into the glass and to not hit the glass with the
hockey stick he carries with him. These two things are big parts of his "act"
and it gets our fans up and excited when he rams the glass at full speed. I
don't know what the officials' problems were, but it was not appreciated.

	Another thing, what is with this rule by the NCAA (or was it a Civic
Center rule?) about no banners. During the game we had a Clarkson Pep Band
Banner hanging on a railing by the glass, interfereing with no one's view.
They came over and demanded that we take it down. Meanwhile BU had a
similar banner in front of their band but they were not told to take it down
and I don't know if it ever did come down or not. We also bring our school flag
to every game, but at the Civic we were not allowed to wave it after our goals.
This is a part of our tradition. I can kind of understand the flag business, in
that it could potentially block someones view of the game, but the banner was ou
out of the way and not in any one's way.

			Just a few questions,
					Ted Weiler
					Clarkson Pep Band '94
					Can't wait for next year!!!

P.S. About my request, I have a friend who has managed to get his hands on
the final stats for all 44 Div. I hockey teams. If any one wants any part of
it, I would be happy to send it out via e-mail or real mail. I should be
receiving it soon (keeping my fingers crossed). Bye!