From:
Mitch Bodart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Apr 91 16:19:52 PST
It wasn't a championship game, but my vote for BEST game ever goes to
a match between Wisconsin and N. Dakota back in '83 or '84.  It's been
so long that I don't recall all the details, but it was a game similar
to this years championship, and occurred during either the WCHA tournament
or the NCAA tournament.  Wisconsin (my alma mater) won the game in either
double or triple overtime, and by a score of either 8-7 or 9-8.
The plentitude of goals made for a roller coaster of emotions.

I do recall that about 30 or so dormies were gathered in our den to
watch the game.  Wisconsin scored a late third period goal to send
the game into OT, at which time the House Fellow leaped from his seat
with such excitement that he put his forearm through a den window!
During the OT's people were throwing money at the TV trying to buy
a goal.  Wisconsin did score first but N. Dakota challenged
the curvature of the scorers stick, and the goal was disallowed.
More money was thrown at the TV, along with more than a few curses
at the referees.  UWis did eventually win.

Admittedly, my ties to UWis bias my vote.  Had I been a student at NMU
or BU, I would probably have thought this year's championship the best ever.
Having an interest in the teams involved greatly magnifies the intensity.

Mitch Bodart