From:
"Robert L. Dunn" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert L. Dunn
Date:
Tue, 25 Oct 1994 09:05:05 -0400
Like any college hockey supporter, I'd like to see ESPN program college
hockey into its schedule.  With two networks and two sports on strike/locked
out (though in different seasons), there is a window of opportunity.  The
primary problem I saw was that the majority of college hockey games occur
on Fridays and Saturdays and with the majority of the teams in two time
zones, this window is rather narrow.  While Fridays are open on ESPN (see
last week's 1980 US - USSR game), Saturdays are pretty much reserved for
college football right now.  That's why I'm shocked to see that ESPN is
supposedly going to show two games on two different fall Saturdays (11/5
and 11/12) at 7 pm Eastern, which is normally reserved for college
football.  I wouldn't expect to see anything other than college football
on a Saturday until after Thanksgiving.  But ESPN goes out and pulls a
fast one.  Are these time slots open because it's probably too cold in
November to show night football games?  Anyway, keep up the good work
ESPN and show us more college hockey.

* Robb Dunn                         University of Michigan *
* Project Administrator                   Sport Facilities *
*                                      Research Laboratory *
* [log in to unmask]            Cal '93, Michigan '94 and '97 *