From:
"Dr. Stephen Roth @ Student Services" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dr. Stephen Roth @ Student Services
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 1994 09:21:52 -0400
It's interesting to see how policies vary from one campus to another about
student tickets:  from "free" (or a general athletics fee) to nominal price
($2.00 or so) to rather hefty charges (if one assumes that all students are
inherently poverty-stricken!).

As much as anything, it reflects the attitudes of the athletics departments
-- and their campus administrations.  Where revenue is king, students get
charged as much as can be gotten.  At other schools it would seem they've
not forgotten that students, after all, are why these colleges/universities
exist.  Obviously it costs money to run a D-I hockey program (not to
mention football & basketball!), but it nonetheless seems a shame to me
when $$$ become the first priority for staging an athletics competition.

I know, I'm naive.  Reflects my small-school bias.  :)

Dr. Stephen E. Roth                        BITNET:            ROTH@CANISIUS
Dean of Student Services                 INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]
Canisius College                            PHONE:           (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14208                       FAX:           (716) 888-2525