From:
Chris Skowen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Skowen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 11:55:17 -0500
> To clarify, it was stated in today's Pioneer Press (7/21) that
> the proposed Border Battle at the Met Center was vetoed because
> the sports commission felt it was too much work to open up the Met Center
> one last time.  Both of the games will take place at Mariucci Arena.
> The Met Center will be demolished late fall, early winter.
>
> Katie
> Go Gophers!

 This is disappointing news.  If both games are going to be at Mariucci it's
 going to be difficult for any Badger fans to get tickets.  Even though I can
 never seem to attend a Wisconsin/Minnesota sporting event (any sport) where
 "my" team wins, it was always fun to sit in a big building watching the fans
 battle it out as fiercly as the players on the ice.  The border battle won't
 be the same.

 Chris Skowen
 G. Heileman Brewing Co.
 GO BADGERS