From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 19:21:00 CST
Ted Weiler writes:

>     I was wondering...How many teams in college hockey have
> chosen to include red in their colors. This weekend at Hockeyfest '91,
> there were three teams (from ECAC) with red and us the GREEN AND GOLD!!
> In HE, there was BU as well, and now I'm told that Wisconsin has
> red too. Is there no end to the red. I like variety. (e.g. GREEN AND
> GOLD!!!!)

Teams in the WCHA using some form of red in their colors are Wisconsin
(cardinal and white) and Denver (red and gold).  Minnesota's colors are
Maroon and Gold, which suits me fine.  The only other teams that I know of
in college hockey that wear those colors are Minesota-Duluth and Boston
College.

> Ted Weiler
> Clarkson Pep Band '94
> "THE TECHERS ARE HUNGRY FOR PIZZA WITH
> GOPHER GUTS ON IT!!!!"

Ahem.  Clarkson's only chance to play the Minnesota Golden Gophers will
be in the NCAA championship game, should Clarkson make it that far.  Last
year, when Clarkson played the Gophers in Mariucci Arena in the first round
of the NCAA playoffs, all the Techers had to go with their pizza was two
losses. :-)  (By the way, you guys are playing the BADGERS this weekend.)

Erik Biever                              --GOLDEN GOPHER   MMMMM    MMMMM
St. Paul, Minnesota - Home of the       --HOCKEY            MM MM  MM MM
1991 WCHA & NCAA Championships         --Fastest Game      MM   MMMM   MM
BITNET:    e-biev@uminn1              --In Town           MM   MMMMMM   MM
INTERNET:  [log in to unmask]                      MMMMM          MMMMM