Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 16:46:03 EST
Does anyone else find it the least bit interesting that the two teams in
the east brackets that seemed to have gotten the biggest "breaks"
(BU and Cornell) have direct representatives on the committee (Parker
and Kennedy). While I believe Parker when he said that he had no
input in the BU seeding, I don't quite know about a system where
people who are directly affected by the outcome have considerable
input in it. Parker may have gone to bat for Kennedy in the hopes
that Kennedy would return the favor when his team was under scrutiny
(or vice-versa).
I don't belive that anything in the least underhanded went on at all, but
if the coach of another team, who's vote you might need, is standing
right there, you would probably tend to give him a break.

Maybe there is no better system, but I honestly didn't think Cornell
deserved a bid after seeing them this weekend and the BU bye
seems to have surprised a number of people.

How does NCAA basketball do its seedings?

				Mark Daly