Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 91 15:16:57 EST
Well, mascots come and go, at least the people portraying them; but my
vote has to go Bowling Green.

One season (at least) the Falcon was a good skater and put on a real show
at the Joe Louis Arena.  He had a hockey stick and challenged the opposing
mascot to a "one-on-one" with an imaginary puck.  The opposition was not
a good skater, and not altogether a willing adversary at least in the
beginning, but the Falcon kept up the challenge, then added to the act
without putting the poorer skater in a bad light and in fact using that
to both put on a good act and to encourage the opponent.
  I guess Tim and Keith will know who it was.

At another time (that I saw) there was also a Falconette - not a good
skater, in fact ...  but then that was part of the show too, an
entertaining time ... and both on the ice at the same time.