From:
"G.M. Finniss" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 1994 10:22:00 EST
From today's Lansing State Journal:

University of Michigan hockey coach Red Berenson was arrested on charges of
drunken driving and public urination early Wednesday morning.  Berenson, 54,
is scheduled to appear in 15th District Court on March 22.  According to the
Ann Arbor police report, Berenson was leaving Banfield's Bar and Grill, the
site of his weekly radio show, and arrested in the parking lot after moving
his car.  He also was seen urinating in the parking lot.  Berenson's blood
alcohol level was measured at .12 percent.  The legal limit (in Michigan) is
.10.

----end quoted material----

A very unfortunate incident for the Michigan program.  I sincerely hope that
Red gets this all straightened out before the Regionals in Munn, because I can
already hear the chants coming from a predominantly Spartan crowd.

G. M. Finniss
Michigan State University
WVU '87, UTenn (111-37 winners over NC A+T, next up: Clemson in Knoxville on
Saturday) '92, MSU who the hell knows when?